BEFORE APPLYING, PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BELOW
- Please DO NOT fill out an application for someone else. All Veterans and First Responders must apply on their own. Our retreats will not work unless our heroes are ready to change their lives and are ready to take the steps towards healing.
- If you are concerned about a loved one and would like us to reach out to them, please let us know through our CONTACT page.
- Please DO NOT submit an application unless you are ready and willing to change your life for the better. If you are not willing to put the time an effort into your own healing from PTSD or trauma, this program will not work for you.
- Spouses, significant others, and friends are NOT allowed to attend retreats at the same time. Please DO NOT apply for a retreat with your spouse, significant other, or friends. You will be here working on becoming your best self and any distractions can take away from your experience.
- Once you have been selected for the retreat of your choice, you will need to either mail a check (12032 Sacred Mtn Pl., Deadwood, SD 57732) for $250 or Venmo. The $250 deposit is to secure your spot for your 1st choice of a retreat. If you cancel, change your retreat date, this refund will not be refunded. If you attend your 1st choice of a retreat, you will receive your $250 deposit on your last day at the retreat. The $250 deposit is good for 1 year.
- Please only submit one application. We will attempt to accommodate your first retreat choice, but ultimately, you will be selected for the most appropriate retreat by our advisory committee. Filling out more than one application only makes it more difficult to process your application.
- Our retreats are 100% alcohol, drug and weapon free.
- Please keep in mind that we require retreat participants to arrive on time and stay for the entire retreat.
- SMRC welcomes Active or Former Military Veterans and First Responders, including, but not limited to, Firefighters, Law Enforcement Officers, Correctional Officers and EMTs who are struggling with PTSD or trauma.
- Active Military and Veterans are required to provide a DD214.
- First Responders are required to provide a reference letter proving their service status.
- Thank you for taking the time to fill out the retreat application. We understand that some information may be very personal and you may be hesitant to share. Our application is intended to gather information about you to ensure the most successful experience during the retreat, so please answer the questions honestly and thoroughly.
- Complete the ENTIRE application – including uploading forms and “your story” document. Application must be complete to be considered for our retreat.
- You will receive an email once your application is submitted. Sometimes these emails will land in your JUNK email folder.
- If you choose to download the form, please fill out and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee you a spot at a retreat.
- Our advisory committee will review your application and be in touch within 7 to 14 days to set up a phone or Zoom interview with one or more of our team members.
- If you are chosen to attend one of our retreats, we will be in contact with you 6 to 8 weeks prior to your retreat with further instruction.
- If you do not pass the advisory committee review stage, you may resubmit an application in six months.
All information provided below is considered confidential and for the sole use of Sacred Mountain Retreat Center.
April 20, 2023 – April 27, 2023
May 17, 2023 – May 24, 2023
June 8, 2023 – June 15, 2023
July 13, 2023 – July 20, 2023
August 17, 2023 – August 24, 2023
September 21, 2023 – September 28, 2023
Thank you for applying for Sacred Mountain Retreat Center – Where the Hills Heal the Heroes.
If you prefer, you may download a printable application here.