Miles for Freedom
ONE MONTH. ONE GOAL. HEAL HEROES.
August 15 – September 15
From August 15th to September 15th, let’s ride some miles to help our nation’s heroes fight their internal battles. For every mile we ride, we will honor our nation’s Veterans and First Responders and raise money for Sacred Mountain Retreat Center to be able to help more heroes.
Our goal is for 50 riders to EACH raise $2,500 to put one Veteran, First Responder or Gold Star Family member through a 7-day healing program.
Join the ride to heal our nation’s heroes. Challenge yourself to ride and raise funds for SMRC.
Additional participant information
Challenge yourself to get on your bike and ride to raise funds for Sacred Mountain Retreat Center.
The concept is simple…
• You set yourself a personal ride mileage target for one month (August 15-September 15)
• Any age. Any fitness level. Any location. Any bike (strider, electric, bicycle, motorcycle, stationary bike, etc.).
• There is no minimum to your goal. You could ride 10 miles or 1000 miles or anything in between.
• All you need to do is register HERE to get started!
Here’s how it works:
• Click on the link to register. Then, click on the button reading “I Want To Fundraise for This”.
• Choose “Create My Own Page” to get started! Fill out all of the information including your mileage goal and fundraising goal (it is automatically set for $2,500 – the cost to put one hero through a 7-day program at SMRC).
• If you are joining a team, choose “Join a Team” and follow the instructions from there.
Spread the word:
• Spread the word to your friends and family and tell everyone about your challenge!
• Ask them to support you by making a donation through your challenge page. You can share your fundraising page by copying the link on your personal page and pasting it in an email or social media.
Start your challenge:
• Start your challenge on August 15. You can ride to work during the week, go for longer rides on the weekend or take on your own personal cycling challenge for a week or a month – it’s up to you!
• Note: You don’t have to ride for the entire month. Set yourself a realistic goal and ride to achieve it between August 15 and September 15.
Record your rides:
• Record your rides and log your miles throughout the month for every ride you complete for the challenge.
• There are several cycling apps or fitness apps that will help you log your miles. Two popular ones are:
Track your progress:
• Once you have your own challenge page created, you can update your miles on your “Add a note” (in the Edit Page function), to let your supporters know your progress throughout the challenge!
• The leaderboard on the main “Miles for Freedom” campaign page will have a leaderboard for personal donations. This board tracks how much each rider has raised, not how many miles they have actually ridden.